On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 2:21:46 AM UTC-7, Gerald Weis wrote:

> I enter 3 values
> 1. the minimum value
> 2. the maximum value
> 3. the real measured value
>
> The radio widget should now automatically change the value in the display.
> If the real measured value is <than the minimum value, then the value
> should be set to 1.
> If the real measured value is> than the maximum value, then the value
> should be set to 3.
> Otherwise the value should be set to 2.
> This provides an overview of how the value has changed, whether it is in
> the normal range, or whether it has moved up or down.

If I understand correctly, it would seem that want to use the radio buttons
for *display* only, not as input controls that can be changed.

If that is the case, then why not just use text output (e.g., "low",
"high", "normal")?  Something like this:
min: <$edit-text field="minval" />
max: <$edit-text field="maxval" />
real: <$edit-text field="realval" />

<$list filter="[{!!realval}compare:number:lt{!!minval}]">
   LOW
</$list>
<$list filter="[{!!realval}compare:number:gt{!!maxval}]">
   HIGH
</$list>
<$list filter=
"[{!!realval}compare:number:gteq{!!minval}then{!!realval}compare:number:lteq{!!maxval}]"

   NORMAL
</$list>

If you must use radio buttons as output, then you don't actually need the
TiddlyWiki <$radio> widget,
and instead, can use "plain" HTML radio buttons to produce the desired
display, like this:

min: <$edit-text field="minval" />
max: <$edit-text field="maxval" />
real: <$edit-text field="realval" />

<$list filter="[{!!realval}compare:number:lt{!!minval}]">
   <input type=radio checked />
   <input type=radio />
   <input type=radio />
</$list>
<$list filter="[{!!realval}compare:number:gt{!!maxval}]">
   <input type=radio />
   <input type=radio />
   <input type=radio checked />
</$list>
<$list
filter="[{!!realval}compare:number:gteq{!!minval}then{!!realval}compare:number:lteq{!!maxval}]">
   <input type=radio />
   <input type=radio checked />
   <input type=radio />
</$list>

You can, of course, place the above bits of syntax inside a table layout to
further suit your desired display.  I leave that to you to work out.

enjoy,
-e