I supposed that could be the case, but it seems unlikely, seeing as how
it's just a tag switch. Any new feature that would somehow be dependent
upon that particular tag could mostly likely be edited as easily to your
desired tag. If that's somehow not the case, bulk editing all of your
tiddler tags with the commander mentioned above would certainly be an
option.

That said, if your preference is to go ahead and switch to the theme
consistent tags, you could "set and forget".