Si,

It works for me when I just paste an <a href> tag into the HTML editor
directly on a card (Ctrl-Shift-X while you have a field selected). The URL
you list is not a valid file: URL, however -- it needs to use forward
slashes even on Windows. It's possible that is the issue, but I don't have
a Windows machine handy at the moment to test on and see if that breaks
something.

It does appear that the permalink generation in TiddlyRemember applied
during the sync is incorrectly putting a backslash at the end of URLs that
can't accept one there. On my first try I ended up with
"/home/soren/test.html/#TiddlerName" as the permalink, which is invalid
since an HTML file is not a directory, and this resulted in nothing
happening when I clicked the link. I opened an issue
<https://github.com/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/issues/31> for that. To see
if this is what's causing your problem, you can try manually changing the
text in the Permalink field of a card and removing that extra slash.