Hi!

You should want to have backups. If anything goes wrong, you'll have a
backup to revert to. I have used backups in the past, when I was messing
around with plugins or with edits on core tiddlers.
Follow the instruction on this
page: https://ibnishak.github.io/Timimi/#Backing%20up%20using%20timimi

1) It is possible to set a folder where the backups get saved to, so you
separate them from your main wiki. This will help solve the confusion with
finding the latest save.
2) It is possible to set different saving backup strategies, so you don't
have a new file for every save you make.