ok, I should update this. While the 'toc-tabbed-internal-nav' is nice for
displaying, it's not so great for actually *using* on my local desktop. As
in, you can't actually open any individual tiddlers from that view. Which
kinda defeats the purpose, no?

So, back to a more traditional TOC structure. Unfortunately the expandable
items are still NOT expandable in the exported HTML files :( So - I'm back
to square one on my original question...