@Mohamed Amin

That works as well, but as in all my previous tiddlers as tw5 wikitext, I
was highlighting the blocks text and using the button in  the editor to
mark it as monotext. It was using ```block``` without problems. Since the
result was showing a single backtick as part of the block and all the text
below it, I had played with it and discovered `` would work.

When an editor starts displaying different formatting behavior using the
defaults and no changes, that gets me nervous. Imagine if that occurred to
you while writing up a peer review with it's strict formatting. It would be
disturbing. It's like creating a HTML page  displayed differently from
previous HTML pages using the same browser.

It's not like scouring code for hours, spotting nothing, have a peer review
it to discover a variable, function or class had a capitol letter instead
of lower case. That has happened often enough to me it's embarrassing :-)