In an effort to take advantage of the tree macro, I want to create a button
to copy the Title of a filtered set of tiddlers to the description field in
a certain way. For instance, if the title of the tiddler is Atchison,
Topeka & Santa Fe Railway, I'd like the description field to look like:
Railroad-A-Atc-Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway.

The copying of the title to the description field with the extra text I
think is relatively easy. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to
extract the first character and the first three characters from the title.
Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!