This may be fundamental, but I haven't been able to find the answer yet.

I've noticed a distinct difference in behavior between using transcluding a
tiddler with the curly braces versus transcluding using the transclude
widget. Specifically, I've noticed that using the curly braces, the
currentTiddler variable is different between the two. The curly braces
seems to use the currentTiddler as the origin tiddler whereas the
transclude widget recognizes the currentTiddler as the tiddler where the
transclusion is taking place.

Why is this and are there any other behavioral differences?