On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 3:01:56 PM UTC-8 Stephen Kimmel wrote:

> several tiddlers that have names in Greek letters. I want to create a list
> rather like the sidebar type list with the heading being the first letter
> of the tiddler name followed by a list of tiddler titles that start with
> that Greek letter.

Using this list of greek letters: (48 symbols, upper and lower case for
each)
*Α α Β β Γ γ Δ δ Ε ε Ζ ζ Η η Θ θ Ι ι Κ κ Λ λ Μ μ Ν ν Ξ ξ Ο ο Π π Ρ ρ Σ σ Τ
τ Υ υ Φ φ Χ χ Ψ ψ Ω ω*

NOTE: A, B, E, H, K, M, N, O, P, T, Y, and X are *NOT* standard ASCII
characters, but are actual greek characters, copied and pasted directly
from the first paragraph of this page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

<$list filter="[enlist[Α α Β β Γ γ Δ δ Ε ε Ζ ζ Η η Θ θ Ι ι Κ κ Λ λ Μ μ Ν ν
Ξ ξ Ο ο Π π Ρ ρ Σ σ Τ τ Υ υ Φ φ Χ χ Ψ ψ Ω ω]]" variable="letter">
   <$list filter="[all[]prefix<letter>count[]!match[0]]">
      <<letter>><br>
      <$list filter="[all[]prefix<letter>]">
         &nbsp;<$link /><br>
      </$list>
   </$list>
</$list>

Notes:
* the first $list sets the "letter" variable to each of the 48 symbols, one
at a time
* the second $list checks to see if there are any tiddlers that start with
the current letter
* the letter is displayed on a line by itself
* the third $list finds each tiddler that starts with the current letter
* a link to each matching tiddler is displayed, indented by a space, on a
line by itself

enjoy,
-e