My top two recommendations for making TW more like a writing machine:

1. The editor-autolists plugin
(https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/editor-autolists.html), if you don't
mind writing in bulleted or numbered lists. It makes it easy to hit enter
and go to the next line, and hit tab to indent.
2. My setup for hiding what is visible in edit mode:
https://giffmex.org/gifts/documenting.tw.html#Control%20what%20is%20visible%20in%20edit%20mode

The second one frees up visual screen real estate so you are not distracted
by all the stuff in TW edit mode.