jonligh...@gmail.com wrote:

> So adopting a different angle I wondered if anyone knew the best way to
> avoid displaying this kind of tiddler on the story river or perhaps having
> an optional switch so that they are only displayed when needed?

"This kind of tiddler" - do you want to hide all tiddlers tagged "foo"?
HIde in the story river, but not in the sidebar lists?

I would also ideally like to filter out the tiddlers that appear on the
> story river when I import an image - for me these are unwanted 'by
> products' although I appreciate they are required by tiddlywiki but I would
> prefer not to see them on the story river.

"the tiddlers that appear"? The $:/Import tiddler, or what are you talking
about?

> In every day terms my tiddlers are very similar to wikipedia entries -
> text around a subject and graphics, they always include text, I would
> prefer to see only these article like tiddlers on the story river.

Are you saying you only want to see tiddlers in the story river that are of
a certain kind? What about, say, the Controlpanel or other system tids?

As you can tell, I find your requests highly confusing.

<:-)