Hi Måns,

This is an interesting question, the answer to which seems rather
important when it comes to integrating external scripts in general. I
never had a structured understanding of the hurdles involved in this
process. So, if there's any guru around with some deeper understanding
of how such js-scripts are being processed in general vs. in the
context of tw and what to take care of in an attempt to integrate
such, I too would love to understand this better.

On the other hand, the script-block reads like this:
1) declare the HTML block-level element (a div by the id of
"google_translate_element")
2) call a function
3) import the external source containing the function

I get why it makes sense to start with 1) to do anything further. But
then it just doesn't make sense at all that a function is being
called, for which the library containing it hasn't even been declared
to be loaded (at that moment in the process).

As for such script-libraries and TiddlyWiki, I'd have thought that one
would have to declare the script-library (3) into be loaded via
MarkUpPreHead or such and then use e.g. the PageTemplate to invoke the
actual script... However, having played around with this Google
Translation Service, that DOES NOT WORK.

Tobias.