On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 7:25:58 PM UTC-8 rpayn...@gmail.com wrote:

> My client wants to be able to create/edit content using only the editor
> for text/html. He finds switching the content type to “text/vnd.tiddlywiki”
> before saving a tiddler  too burdensome.

When creating/editing a tiddler, the only difference between the default
(text/vnd.tiddlywiki) and HTML (text/html) interface are the editor toolbar
buttons, nearly all of which are applicable only for native TiddlyWiki
wikitext parsing anyway.
Since your client only intends to use HTML syntax, I suggest completely
*disabling
the editor toolbar *(see $:/ControlPanel tiddler, Settings tab, Editor
Toolbar section, "show editor toolbar" checkbox).
Then, if you *leave the "type" field blank*, the content rendering will
default to using the "text/vnd.tiddlywiki" wikitext parser for which, as
Jeremy has already noted, *most HTML elements are interpreted correctly*
Thus, your client can completely *ignore the content type field value *and
*won't
ever need to switch it *before saving a tiddler.

The only potential issue would be if the client inadvertently uses wikitext
formatting syntax, such as doubled slashes for //italics// or doubled
single-quotes for ''bold''.
On the other hand, a benefit of using the default wikitext parser is that
links to other tiddlers can be easily entered using doubled square brackets
[[like this]].

-e