David:

Another (browser) technique to reduce "clutter" is to make use of the "Open
in a new window"  capability.  This creates an effective popup that you can
dismiss when doe, or k,keep open for reference by just positioning it in
another area of your display(s).  It's very effective if you have large
screens and even more so when using mutiple displays.