Hi Mat

> Some of my plugins are anachronisticly archaic from an antediluvian epoch.
>
> Maybe it's more constructive to put it into context by displaying a
> last-updated date and what the TW version was at that time?

When the scraper gets to the point of crawling the link targets we’ll be able
to extract the version number automatically, but you’re right, adopting the
version number as a tag would be very helpful for the old stuff.

> Bug? or just me:
> When downloading a link from links.tiddlywiki.com, i.e by clicking the black
> circle with a downarrow, I get a tid file. When I drag this into a wiki, I
> was expecting to get some kind of tiddler. Instead, the $:/Import tiddler
> shows the external link... so if I click that link I go to the wiki. But the
> Import $:/Import tiddlers list is of course just temporary so I lose the last
> import all the time. Do I misunderstand something?

That’s just a bug with the $:/Import display because the tiddler titles look
like links, the tiddlers should be there

> An idea - maybe it's already been thought of (this thread is now too long for
> me to tell):
>
> Assuming that one should, indeed, get a tiddler when downloading a
> linktiddler then:
>
> If linktiddlers are fetched to a wiki that is itself a link-contributing
> wiki, then I assume the linktiddlers will be aggregated again. We could make
> is so linktiddlers have a UI to make it very easy to improve on its data. For
> example when fetching tiddlers from the aggregator site, an extra tiddler
> comes along; a ViewTemplate conditional for tag[$:/tags/Link]. (Or this
> viewtemplate could be installed manually.)
>
> This ViewTemplate presents a UI, e.g a checkbox for easily tagging/marking
> out the link as outdated, or a selectwidget to attach a TW version to it. The
> viewtemplate can also have a field with the tag full tag space for all
> linktiddlers, sorted, and a Selectwidget or some such so the user can select
> to improve the tags. (Later there could be a smarter mechanism that proposes
> modifications like "Proposal: Exchange tag [plugin] for tag [Plugin]")

That’s the sort of workflow that I hope we can start exploring with the
download button.

Best wishes

Jeremy