So I have a situation where I thought the above would solve my problem, but
I haven't been able to get there yet.

I have a Shiraz Dynamic Table where one of the columns contains footnotes
using Mohammad's Refnotes plugin. I also have it set up so that I can
filter the content of the dynamic table with a search parameter. So far so
good. The footnotes are numbered 1 through "x" and when I enter a search
parameter, the results of the results are filtered and the footnotes get
renumbered 1 through  "y" as expected.

I also have the showfnotes macro below the dynamic table to list the
footnotes. This works fine until I enter a search term and filter the
table. Once filtered, the footnotes that are shown retain the pre-filter
numbering unless I leave the tiddler and come back to it which then
renumbers the footnotes being shown starting at 1 and now matches the
filtered content. I can get similar behavior when I wrap the showfnotes
macro in a details widget. If I close and then reopen the details widget,
the footnotes shown get renumbered to match the filtered content. I would
like to have the footnotes being listed by the showfnotes macro to
automatically get renumbered when I filter the content of the above dynamic
table. Wrapping the showfnotes macro in the set widget as mentioned above
and setting the trigger to the current time using my search button doesn't
do the trick. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.