On Mar 10, 5:02 pm, Saverio <saverio.mavig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you expand on how you take advantage of tagglytagging?  Do you
> mean the idea that a tag can also be its own tiddler?  Or do you mean
> the viewTemplate in MPTW?  I guess I am asking, exactly what
> functionality of tagglytagging (not of MPTW in toto) is not already
> provided in vanilla TW?
> thanks
> -saverio

I primarily refer to tagglytaggin in MPTWs viewtemplate. Actually, for
my main notebook TW I've even included tagglytagging in my edit
template.
I also like that you have greater control of how the tags are
displayed compared with vanilla. Multi columns often and occasionally
the sitemap mode. For a semi-public TW of mine, the display is really
used as the primary menu in the default tiddler (no left side menu for
that particular TW, it is supposed to be very plain).

While at it - here are two things that would turn it from great into
incredible;
* I think the rolling menu options are a bit confusing. A drop down
menu would probably be clearer. Or even just displaying the current
status as opposed to the next status. Particular confusion arises when
choosing "commas", effectively (and naturally) hiding the cols option;
Suddenly it's unclear which of the menu items I'm clicking on - the
third or second one from right?
* Also, TagglyTagging could easily become the menu of choice if there
was a view, similar to sitemap view, that had sliders for each branch
(not content) and perhaps a "newTiddler" button (perhaps a small "+"
sign) after each item to create a pre-tagged new tiddler. (TreeView is
IMO a very decent attempt at a similar end result)