Mario,

It would be simple to enhance the update process to report on the core
shadow tiddlers it changed that have a "tiddler" (rather than Shadow) and
give the user the ability to review the differences and decide what to do
(accept -trash tiddler, ignore -keep tiddler, edit - update new core with
edited tiddler). Alternatively a "post update" review.

As I understand it the update currently just replaces mostly the $:/core
plugins, if not all, even if they don't change.

Regards
Tony