Thank you for the quick reply. I'd say there would be several usecases, I
can think of the following examples:

   - user wants to organize his music by genre, but music pieces often are
   a mix of several genres, and creating hundreds of sub-genres wouldn't be
   very practical
   - tiddlers have long paths in the toc hierarchy and user would like to
   create some shortcuts in the toc
   - user has poor memory and relies on browsing rather than searching.
   Having a tiddler show in multiple paths increases the likeability that the
   user can find it

How the result should look like:
Multiple parents work well in the standard tag-based toc macros, perhaps
the same result would be alright.

What obstacles did you find more specifically? If you feel like to get back
working up this plugin, I can be available to provide user feedbacks and
design suggestion, here or on github, whichever is more appropriate.
Unfortunately I know little of TW's APIs myself.