I think I've started answering my own question by comparing my TW settings
to other TWs on GitHub. By removing all of the information I had entered
under ControlPanel -> Saving -> GitHub Saver, in essence defaulting to
"Save changes automatically", the long delay has disappeared, which is
great. My question now is this: What is the purpose of GitHub Saver (i.e.,
under what circumstances would one need to enter that information)? I
thought I needed that in order to save my changes on GitHub. Maybe there's
a difference between saving to GitHub and GitHub Pages? I pretty sure I'm
missing something very basic 🙄, so thank you in advance for your
patience.