Hello,

I know this doesn't get you exactly what you are looking for but I thought
it may help. There is a toolbar option "new here" (shown below) that can be
turned on that creates a new tiddler with the name of the current tiddler
as a tag. However, as you point out with the tm-add-tag situation the
option "new here" option doesn't show when editing, only when viewing the
tiddler/post save.

[image: Screenshot from 2021-06-03 12-53-27.png]

Sorry if the above setting is the exact same thing as the tm-add-tag
scenario you mentioned.