Nah, I didn't consider that because the particular TiddlyWiki instance I'm
working with I've setup with only single-word tags.

So no, that particular code sample was not designed for a tag with words
separated by spaces.

To handle any multi-word tag with spaces between the words:

\define doIt()
<$vars ldb="[["
              rdb="]]">
<$list variable="thisTiddler" filter="[tag[A]]">
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<thisTiddler>> $field="tags" $value={{{
[<thisTiddler>tags[]addprefix<ldb>addsuffix<rdb>join[ ]]
[[mot]addprefix<ldb>addsuffix<rdb>] +[join[ ]] }}}/>
</$list>
</$vars>
\end

<$button actions=<<doIt>>>
Tag Em
</$button>

I've also wrapped the new tag (hard-coded in my code sample as "mot") with
double-brackets, so that if you replace "mot" with a multi-word-separated
by spaces tag, the code still works otherwise as-is.  (in the case of a
single-word, or CamelCase word, TiddlyWiki will ignore the double-brackets.)

If you want to make the actions macro more generalized, then you'll want to
add a parameter (newTag?), and then replace "mot" with "$newTag$", I think
without trying it.