On Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 4:48:48 PM UTC+2 TiddlyTweeter wrote:

It really strikes me that one of the TW gurus who understand it's CSS/HTML
> and the cascade that binds the two ...
> ... could probably give us a better TOOL to PLAY with layout dynamically???

This basically means to create the PageTemplate and the /vanilla CSS from
scratch with a completely new concept in mind. ...

The existing layout and the CSS have been started prior to 2012 ... more
than 10 years ago. ..

So having a closer look to eg: the CSS calc() <https://caniuse.com/calc>
function. FireFox started to implement it March 2011 and Chrome started
March 2012.
Mobile browsers implemented the feature MAY *2021* ... Which basically
means the feature can *now* be used safely. ...

The same thing is true for flexbox, <https://caniuse.com/flexbox> and grid
which are major improvements that _can_ make layout styling more
consistent. ..

So now we are at a position to create a new and more dynamic layout. ...
BUT we pretty much need to start from scratch, since grid and flexbox are
fundamentally different philosophies.

vanilla CSS atm is close to 2500 lines of code.

-mario