A tool I use a lot (sorry for the double post, I forgot to include this in
my previous post and I feel like it's important) to avoid that is
bonpatron.com, which is the best free grammatical french corrector I've
found online.

They also have a tool for English, spellcheckplus.com .

I find Grammarly a bit better but spellcheckplus is made by university
language teachers so I'm kind of biased to trust their tool more.

The best overall for french is antidote by druid but the pricing is
outrageous.

Back to tiddlywiki: if you want to use the codemirror plugin to write your
tiddlers, you may have seen that it prevents the browser to display syntax
and orthographic errors. I've found several (suboptimal, admittedly)
solutions :

* Create a custom preview mode, as explained here by Jeremy:
https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/c3y-PycRP4M/m/V0IyOvR0AAAJ
* Use an addon. The best I've found for french on firefox yet is
Grammalecte (open source & free): https://grammalecte.net/
* Add your own dictionary to TiddlyWiki by following this proof of concept:
http://codemirror-spellcheck.tiddlyspot.com/ - I did not succeed but YMMV

If you know a better solution please let me know, I'm prone to errors
myself and could use a little bit of help (I'm currently writing a french
version of the angular doc so it's quite important to me)