If you scroll down on that tiddler the section *Creating external images
under Node.js *explains how you can export all your images into a separate
folder using node.js. But, of course, first you have to set up and run
TiddlyWiki on node.js. After the image files are exported then you can
convert your node TW instance back to a single file instance.

Using the new (prerelease 24?)  and the zip plugin it might be able to come
up with a solution that doesn't need node.js, but that would be all new
territory.