On Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 2:36:55 AM UTC-7 miket...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how it works, simplified the example, and it
> doesn't do anything. Does it not fit in newer versions?
> <$set name="myVar" filter='[tags[About]]'>
> <$list filter='<myVar>'></$list>
> </$set>

* The *[tags[]]* filter operator doesn't accept a operand value.  You want
to use *[tag[About]]* to match tiddlers with the "About" tag.
* When using a *variable as a parameter value* (in the $list widget),  do
not enclose it in quotes, and use doubled angle brackets
* The $list widget needs some syntax inside it to indicate what to output

Here's a corrected version of your example code:
<$set name="myVar" filter="[tag[About]]">
<$list filter=<<myVar>>><$link/><br></$list>
</$set>

-e