Awesome, I love the work that you're doing and am so thankful. :) Having
more stuff in core when it makes sense sounds great to me.

On Discord, saqimtiaz pointed me at tw5-keyboard-navigation-plugin
<https://maximilian-schillinger.de/tw5-keyboard-navigation-plugin.html>
which works really well for my navigation/editing by keyboard needs at the
moment.