In general, I find single file TW most practical. But the node version has
these capabilities ...

   - It doesn't need a special 3rd party saver.
   - It's the only official way to share a TW over the local network.
   - The local file system can search and manage tiddlers.
   - Hypothetically it saves faster (but it loads slower, and sometimes
   fails to save on the network in my experience).
   - Hypothetically commands can be launched locally since node is running
   locally. But it's not easy to set up (or at least I had problems).
   - By loading different subsets you can support TW's that would be too
   big to run otherwise. For instance, you might have a library of dozens of
   books which would be too large to be practicable. But you could either load
   separate directories of tiddlers or filter what you load in order to make
   the TW practicable. So just all the works of Tolstoy rather than Tolstoy
   and Dostoevsky.
   - For synchronization via dropbox, etc., only changed tiddlers get
   updated.
   - For development, you can switch out which version of  TW you are
   running. For instance, you might want the latest prerelease while
   developing a new set of tools, but go back to the regular version for
   production work.