@Ste, yes, I also saw recently that @pmario mentioned repopup at github
last year (https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/4531).

I made this demo to understand the current stock behaviour of the reveal
widget with popups, partly because it's not intuitive if you only have
short lines in the popup  (belowleft can show up to the right of below) --
or if you only have a couple of lines (aboveright can show up below
right).
Adding some more content shows up why the current settings do have logic to
them.

@Eric yes, that is a good point, that we can exert further control using
these attributes as a base.

Thanks, Tones and CJ.