Dave:

On the lines of what Jeremy was saying, the Hint CSS Library is a great
resource for customizable tool tips. (https://kushagra.dev/lab/hint/).

Looking at the website, it seems relatively easy to use, and definitely
applicable to TW, although I have never had need to use the library before.

If you decide to use it, let me know how it goes; maybe I will test it in a
TW/HTML project, too!

Regards.
     Finn Lancaster
     www.finnsoftware.net