Hi all and thanks Flank & BTC for this extremely promising plugin!

Another few ideas and comments:

(1) It would be nice to have a record button directly in the editor and not
only have to rely on creating new transcript tiddlers.
(2) Automatic punctuation should be easy to switch on and off as per
https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text/docs/automatic-punctuation.
(3) There are quite a number of languages and accents available on the Web
Speech API demo. It would be nice to be able to set the languageCode
parameter manually (fully list at:
https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text/docs/languages). When this happens,
could you make sure that custom record buttons can be added using only
wikitext to allow multilingual users to have several record buttons based
on their own needs?
(5) It could be worth mentioning in the readme that Google's Web Speech API
demo at https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html is a great
way of checking for browser compatibility. I haven't found anything that
works on my Linux system by the way. Any ideas as Firefox is unsupported
and even Chromium strangely doesn't seem to be able to run the API on my
system (V. 91.0.4472.114 on Linux Mint)? On my phone, Quinoid V1.0 doesn't
work either :(
(6) Bouncing on TT's idea of using speech-driven commands while recording,
this would make terrific sense not only for punctuation, but also to
enunciate proper nouns for instance, or to switch languages on the fly
within a given recording or prior to a recording ("switchtoItalian"…).
(7) I'm still running into problems regarding the short hearing span on the
plugin's TW demo despite the version being seemingly v. 1.0.3.

Thanks :)
R²