Hi Walt,
 I will upload an experimental version to give you a try by yourself.

But the mechanism is as below:

   1. read a plain text (here the one between <!--- ... --->)
   2. parse it into lines
   3. parse a line into columns (using delimiter)
   4. display it using your format of choice   [this is what you asked!]
   this part lets us format a column. this is the same as dynamic table
   template

So regarding your question: we need to have data as plain text inside a
tiddler to read and parse! TiddlyGoo is a sophisticated plugin!
Mark S and Mat can explain how this is possible, but I do not know if you
can directly use the quick table or not!

Best wishes
Mohammad