That is quite awesome for folk who want to learn about and fiddle with that
stuff.

I'm already throwing myself into other things I really want to learn, so
the plate is already cognitively overflowing (hence the instant push-back
when anything new approaches my plate.)

Doesn't matter.  If everybody else is set to go, I say pull the plug on
this forum anytime.  I'll get around to participating in that other one
when there's a theme option that doesn't annoy the stuffing out of me.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say go with the majority of the
beholding eyeballs.