Hi CJ

> Thanks for the confirmation, Jeremy.  That is the way I like things.
>
> And the push I needed to bail on TiddlyTalk completely.

I think the incident was a momentary misjudgement on the part of an individual.
It has led to a healthy discussion about what users expect when they write a
post, and I think the conclusion is that the power to edit should only be used
in exceptional circumstances. The admins have always had the power to delete
posts and avoided exercising it except for spam, and so I don't see a reason to
think that the new power to edit posts would be abused either.

But of course I understand from your comments elsewhere that you have other
concerns with talk.tiddlywiki.org about usability and simplicity which may well
be more significant factors in your decisions. I'd just like to say that it is
an experiment; we're feeling our way to what is right for this community, and
so necessarily it will take a little time for things to settle down.

Best wishes

Jeremy