Chrome on Android cannot access local file
paths: https://blog.chromium.org/2008/12/security-in-depth-local-web-pages.html

This is an instance where having the images AS
base64-encoded-image-tiddlers will work out "easiest". Otherwise, you'll
have to host those images online or on a local network host, and make sure
the _canonical_uris are pointing to the correct paths.

Best,
Joshua Fontany