thank you cj.v... , but it does not work for me.
it adds the class bubba to the textframe (just as
$:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/settings/editorfontfamily does), and on
inspecting the element, font-family is correctly assigned but... nothing
changes.
I think it has to do with what Jeremy said:

"The reason that custom fonts doesn’t work with the editor toolbar is
because of the way that it creates the textarea element within an embedded
iframe (this is done so that the selection in the textarea isn’t lost when
the user clicks on a toolbar button and the textarea loses focus).

The iframe doesn’t inherit any of the styles in the main document, so the
code actually creates a hidden textarea and then reads back the styles, and
then applies them to the textarea in the iframe. That means that any
formatting applied to the textarea will be faithfully reproduced within the
iframe. However, it only works for CSS properties applied directly to the
textarea; it doesn’t transfer fonts, animations or other resources that can
be defined in CSS.

(The code is here:
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/core/modules/editor/engines/framed.js
)

We could update things so that special stylesheets identified by a new
system tag such as $:/tags/Stylesheet/FramedEditor would be automatically
inserted within the iframe."