G'day Edoardo,

Welcome to TiddlerHood !

TiddlyWiki is ridiculously flexible, and one can get it to do just about
anything short of pumping out toast.

It can totally accommodate you, how you think, how your work.

My thoughts: imagine a "create citation" button.  You press it, and a nice
form appears with fields for you to fill out.  You fill the fields, click
"Done", and the tiddler for your citation gets created, including whatever
bells and whistles automagically added to whatever fields in that tiddler
(example: the "citation" tag.)

Easy thing to do in TiddlyWiki.  If you want a sample of what I have in
mind, let me know and I can whip something together if somebody hasn't
already beaten me to it, or if you haven't already found a "canned"
solution.

Cheers!

BTW, your post here in Google Groups do appear in the TiddlyTalk discourse
forum.  So folk see your post.

They are more likely, though, to respond if you post over there.  Me, I
have a cognitive disability and can't handle TiddlyTalk at all.  So I am
quite happy to be of service here.