Thank you very much Mario and Jeremy. I have proposed the additional
cascade on github <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/6510>,
hopefully it can be implemented in one of the future upgrades.

Coming back to the main topic, is there a standard way to
reference/transclude a shadow tiddler that was replaced by a standard
tiddler?
This would make possible overwriting a shadow tiddler with a standard
tiddler that is *dynamically derived from the shadow itself*, even after a
plugin upgrade.

Example:

   1. user overwrites the shadow $:/plugin/some-tiddler with a standard
   tiddler of the same title
   2. the original shadow tiddler can be accessed/referenced  with the
   title $:/plugin/some-tiddler/overwritten (or an equivalent way)
   3. the user can write wikitext inside $:/plugin/some-tiddler which
   references $:/plugin/some-tiddler/overwritten , e.g. through something like
   {{{ [{$:/plugin/some-tiddler/overwritten}search-replace["text to
   replace"],["replace with this"]] }}}
   4. when there is a plugin upgrade,  $:/plugin/some-tiddler/overwritten
   gets automatically updated. If the new version is different, a log reminds
   the user to review the diff to check that things aren't broken.
   5. if the plugin upgrade makes the customisation obsolete, the user can
   simply delete  $:/plugin/some-tiddler

Thank you all,
Dam