Hi,

I have a question about sort a list by multiple fields. I have a bunch of
entries of persons' bios. Each bio entry has a set of fields associated,
such as birth year, death year, birth date, tenure length etc.

I want to create a list with some of those persons and sort it by multiple
fields, such as first by tenure length, if same tenure, then sort by birth
year, then death year etc.

What I currently have is

<$list filter="[c_status[incumbent]sort[c_rank]]">
</$list>

This gives me a list that allows me to filter all incumbents but the list
can only be sorted by rank. I want to add multiple fields (e.g. V1, V2, V3)
behind the rank sort but it doesn't work. I'd appreciate it if any one
could share their insights on this.

My second, maybe more unrealistic goal, is to transform the list to a
table. Its visual would ideally look like this (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_state_leaders_by_age#Top_ten_since_1942),

i.e. I can put each field value of one entry in different cells of the same
row and the table will update itself

The code I'm currently using is

<$list filter="[c_status[incumbent]sort[c_rank]]">
<$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field=birth_year/><$view
field=title/><$view field=birth_month/><$view field=c_rank/></$link><br>

And the layout is a list of sorted entries with field values crudely
attached at the beginning and the end of each line. Basically I wonder if I
can separate those values into different cells.

Many thanks!