A search option would be an edit text widget in which you type your search
criteria, and below that edit text widget would be a list widget with a
filter getting a list of all tiddlers matching your search criteria.

I'd suggest that for each item in the list, you have a button that opens up
the related tiddler in another modal dialog meant for editing  a tiddler.
I think it is good practice to have that separation between the
dialog/tiddler that searches and gives results, and a dialog/tiddler with
widgets for editing.

That said, from what I've seen, you'll be editing the text of that tiddler
with an edit text widget.  You won't have access to the formatting toolbar
for editing the tiddler.  My attempts at trying to do that have all
resulted in the red dialog of death (javascript errors).

But if editing the text of a tiddler with just edit text widget is fine,
then I think the approach I suggest above is very feasible.