G'day,

Feedback is to me, first and foremost, a gift of someone's time.  Always
appreciated.

To spare all the full monty of my thinking: From a usability point of view,
it is exactly the way I need it.  But since we don't all operate the same,
I'm thinking of documenting the pieces well enough such that folk can move
the pieces and customise the pieces.

For those who are too curious to avoid the punishment ...

*The Partial Monty*

This "assistant" is much like a "Wizard" application/window.  Wizards will
do "hand-holding" and walk a user through a logical sequence of steps to
get through a process.

My primary need is first and foremost: minimalism (i.e.
small/quick/light/agile.)  The least amount of pieces, the least amount of
interface.

The number of template tiddlers is small compared to the total number of
tiddlers.

The titles of template tiddlers are very short (3-4 characters) compared to
titles on my other tiddlers (which are often fairly long, the way I like
them).

When I search for tiddlers in the assistant, the tiddler titles are the
buttons that select that tiddler and close the assistant.  (Goal: minimal
interface.)

That button should be the last thing I see (look at), and the last action I
take.

If I have my list of templates after my list of tiddlers, then the last
action I take is above the other actions I would normally take.

For me, the sequence the makes most sense are the tiny little optional
actions first, and the meat and potatoes final action last.

That sequence is much more useful to me than a sequence based on order of
syntax.  Well, for this kind of small/quick/light/agile tool.

Something like that ...