did you install TiddlyDesktop using flatpak? or using apt?

If you installed it using flatpak (it seems it's called FlatHub in Linux
Mint), perhaps you have a permissions issue; I suggest you
check https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=334350
or https://www.techrepublic.com/article/manage-flatpak-permissions-flatseal/
for ideas of things to test to try to fix your issue.

-----

On the other hand, this Google Groups forum is no longer the main
discussion forum for TiddlyWiki; the main one
is https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/ ; I'd be thankful if we could continue the
conversation there, at
https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/t/tw5-linux-mate-tiddlydesktop-problem-with-net-drives/7323

Cheers,