> I would like to do the following instead: once TiddlyWiki realizes
> that the tiddler named "MyName" does  not exit, it should search the
> tags.  If a tag by that name exists, then it should list all the
> tiddlers tagged with "MyName".  Otherwise it should revert back to the
> default behaviour above.

The TW core already supports the basic "tags can be tiddlers" concept
straight out of the box with a plain TiddlyWiki.  When you view a
tiddler whose title is also used as a tag, that tiddler automatically
displays a 'tagging:' list.

However, perhaps you are suggesting that *instead* of opening a non-
existent tag tiddler and displaying the list of tiddlers there,
clicking the link should display a standard TW tag dropdown (i.e.
treat the link, [[FooBar]] as if it was the macro, <<tag FooBar>>).

Of course, this would prevent you from being able to subsequently use
"open/edit/done" to create the tag tiddler later on.  However, there
are many TW documents that employ extensive tags without ever creating
any corresponding tag tiddlers for them.  For those use-cases, the
alternative behavior described above for links to non-existent tag
tiddlers has some real utility.

I think it should be reasonable easy to hook the necessary logic into
the 'onclick' handler for the tiddler link... gimme a bit to look into
it and I might have a quick code-based solution for you....

-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios