Hi Alex

Not sure this is what you are looking for - last year I made a simple
request for a way to have a simple form calculate, and input the
current time....as a way of reating time determined titles for the new
tiddler........Eric not only answered...but took my original simple
request and turned it into a new plugin...which I now use
frequentlu....the QuickNote plugin.

So, its not exactly innovation by acident...but it does show how the
interactivity, openness and collaboration of this forum results in new
products/innovation.

If this suits your study...maybe Eric has the time to fill in more
details...I just made a imple request for a bit of code!!!

Thanks
Skye