I've tried doing something similar. I marked each language with
{{lang_name{}}} and then use CSS to hide text in specified language.

E.g. In [[TiddlerXX]], I wrote:
{{eng{
English goes here...
}}
{{chi{
Chinese goes here...
}}}

Say I want to show text in Chinese, I put in [[Stylesheet]]:
.eng {display:none}

I prepared two stylesheets which differ only in the line that selects the
language to show. Then I used SwitchTheme plugin to switch between the
stylesheets.

A problem with this way or working is when I do searching, no matter what
keyword I use (Chinese, or English), The ENGLISH titles of tiddlers are
shown. This is expected as there's nothing like an "alternative title" that
can be added for each tiddler.

See whether any of you have idea on the search part...