I'm sorry I couldn't help you any further. I believe what you are
asking for would require some changes to the JavaScript itself,
which you are as welcome to do as I was (I'm not the original
developer, and the original license on it wasn't clear).

If you're asking *me* to make those changes, I'm afraid that I
don't have time for any side programming right now. These are
just some changes I made to someone else's code to
make it fit my own purposes. I discussed in this group
the problems I had with the original plugin, and when I couldn't
get anyone to help I did it myself. Then, I was asked to release
these changes back to the community, and I did so. I never
intended on becoming an official maintainer for this plugin.

On Jul 19, 7:54 am, "M)" <marc.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Neil, that is helpful though not where I think this plugin's potential
> lies.  I see this plugin replacing the existing 'tags' macro.  It
> presents similarly to thetagsmacro with [x] and the opportunity to
> add additionaltags[ ].

I do believe that was the original developer's intention.

> An issue exists in this plugin.  When a tag is [[two words]] and youselectit
> with [x], you get 'two'  and 'words' astags.

I can't reproduce this either.