> How does one remove unneeded orphans or any unneeded tiddler for that
> matter?  I can't find anyway to do it nor any instructions on the
> usual help sites.

"orphans" are tiddlers that don't have any explicit *links* to them

However, orphan tiddlers can still be *referenced* in other ways.  For
example, a plugin might be using a specially-named tiddler to store
its configuration information.  You can also have orphan tiddlers that
are part of the TW system setup... such as customized PageTemplate,
ViewTemplate, and EditTemplate definitions.  While these tiddlers are
used by the TW core, there do not have to be *any* explicit links to
them in the document.  Thus, they can appear to be orphans.

All of this is to say that what appears to be "unneeded tiddlers" may,
in fact, be vital to the operation of your TW document, so I wouldn't
be so quick to remove them.

You can, however, *HIDE* those tiddlers, so they won't be *listed* in
the sidebar tabs display.  To do this, simply add the tag,
"excludeLists", to the tiddler(s) in question.  To access this
'hidden' tiddler later on, go to the "Tags" tab in the sidebar, and
click the entry for "excludeLists" to get a popup list of links to
hidden tiddlers.

For tiddlers that you DO want to remove from the document, you can
individually edit and delete them, one at a time... or, you could use
this plugin:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TiddlerTweakerPlugin
which provides a compact form with a list of tiddler titles that
allows you to select multiple tiddlers at once and then modify or
delete them.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman