Hi,

On Aug 24, 10:05 pm, Måns <humam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi J> I've made a TiddlyWiki that is wrapped up in an Adobe AIR container as
> > a standalone app. The original TiddlyWiki still opens in a browser and
> > functions normally (although its store is kept separate in the AIR
> > app's storage directory).
> Nice job!!

Thanks. :)

> > Point of this: to try out a TiddlyWiki in a controlled environment
> > where "save changes" isn't a big pain.
>
> I miss a refresh page (F5) function> (Also this person[1] might be
> interested.)

Good point...

> Me too :-) It would be great if it had a discreet dropdown to select
> different TWs from a directory.

Yes, that's a good idea... as it's set up at the moment, it can read
any TW.

> Restrictions: cookies don't work yet; import doesn't work yet. I
> > haven't looked into these problems though.

> Cookies might be handled by Eric's CookieSaver plugin?

Good idea. It might be easy to get cookies working in AIR, I just
haven't looked.

> Would it be possible to open a TiddlySpace space (online) in the Air-
> client?

Yup.

> If TiddlyAir could open an online document - it could work as an
> alternative browser which Dave G. asked for some time ago.
> I like the idea of a simple browser/application just for using TWs
> online or offline.
> Is AdobeAir a viable solution, if you want to create an application
> which will run on most machines/systems?

I'm thinking that I should really re-do this thing using HTML5 local
storage. Then at least there wouldn't be a dependency on AIR, which is
something I'd like to avoid really. Now I've figured out how to change
the way TW works with the filesystem, it seems straightforward to use
local storage instead (with the caveat that I'd need to decide on
which type of local storage to use...).

J.