Re your first question;
I use comment plugin to paste sections into the tiddler body and then append
to these with additional comments and provide an edit section if I want to
edit it.

<<editSection "To Do"  "To Do">>

where
!To Do
/%todo%/

Has been placed in the tiddler using;

With  <div class='viewer' macro='tiddler CreateTaskSections
<javascript:;>'></div>
used to display CreateTaskSections

!Create sections for this task
+++^40em^[Simple Task]...
<<moveablePanel>>Create a Simple Task
<<comment here  "simpleTask" "/%top%/\n!Task
Details/%comment%/\n/%bottom%/">>
===
+++^40em^[Standard Task]...
<<moveablePanel>>Create Standard Task Sections To Do, Activity and Result,
also - Create Top/Bottom and Center (Hidden comment) Sections
<<comment here  "standardTask" "/%top%/\n!To
Do\n/%todo%/\n!Activity\n/%activity%/\n!Result/%result%/\n/%comment%/\n/%bottom%/">>
===
+++^40em^[Big Task]...
<<moveablePanel>>Create Standard Task Sections and include Background and
Research
<<comment here  "bigTask" "/%top%/\n!To
Do\n/%todo%/\n!Background\n/%background%/\n!Research\n/%research%/\n!Activity\n/%activity%/\n!Result/%result%/\n/%comment%/\n/%bottom%/">>
===
+++^40em^[Initialise for FreeForm]...
<<moveablePanel>>Create Top/Bottom and Center (Hidden comment) Sections
<<comment here  "FreeFormSections" "/%top%/\n/%comment%/\n/%bottom%/\n">>
===

These buttons will disappear once one of the above are selected. You can use
Transform ''clearContent and sections'' to erase content

I need to think more about your second question but it suggests to me there
is a better way to do it. I abandoned using source tiddlers for new tiddler
templates and keep my tiddler content to a minimum, using the comment plugin
to insert only when needed.

Anthony Muscio
LaSourceProjects.org Open Source Sustainability Projects
LaSource.com.au <http://www.LaSource.com.au> Sustainable Products and
Business
SerendipityIdeas.com IT hints and Tips and Website hosting
Like personal Web 2.0 ? see www.tiddlywiki.com