In the end, I have something like that:
which works only if I have one tiddler with tabs. As soon as I get
two, this fails... Any ideas?
It fails because
1) I don't know how best to catch values in the function that belongs
to the button. So if you press the button, the only way (I have) to
know which button this is coming from is through the ID of the button.
This is hard-wired as "buttonMagic" so, if another tiddler has a
button with ID buttonMagic, this fails.
2) I think there will be another problem because at the minute if two
tiddlers are using the tabs, I believe they will overwrite each
other's cookie.

[...]
config.macros.doSomething.handler = function
(place,macroName,params,wikifier,paramString,tiddler)
{
        var par=
        {
            tiddler_title: tiddler.title
        }

        createTiddlyButton(place, this.label, this.prompt,
        function ()
        {
            [...]
            var _sug =
document.getElementById("buttonMagic").attributes;
            var
query=store.getTiddlerText(tabNameFromTabLabel(_sug.getNamedItem("tiddler_title").value,
config.options.txtMyTabs));
            [...]

        }, "button", "buttonMagic", null, par);
}

// return the actual tiddler NAME not the LABEL on the tab
function tabNameFromTabLabel(title, label)
{
    if(label == "My Label")
    {
        return title+"_mylabel";